Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What is your mothering style!!!????

Im a mother that loves to be hands on with my boys when it comes to playing,snuggling,dancing,swinging them around,giving them piggy back rides,shooting hoops,running at the track,doing Karate along side them.

When my boys were infants I loved nursing them,I loved them sleeping under my arm,even tho it meant I had a cramp in my neck. I LOVED them being in the snuggly thingy that kept them in front of me close to my chest. I loved kicking back on the couch while they took naps on my chest. I loved pushing them in the jogging stroller,swirling them around as they got older.

I love it when they put their feet on my mine and I dance around with them,I love it when they would each grab one of my legs and I would try to walk around with them sitting on my feet. They BEG me to pick them up and throw them in the pool over and over and over again....I rarely get in the pool all the way,due to hair color drama,and most black women do not like getting their chemical relaxed hair wet if its chemically processed that is,till it's almost time to get it redone....*Just a bit of cultural FYI* My hats off to the natural sistas that have the confidence to do it naturally,I hope I can get there some day.

Anyways, I love it when my boys come in and snuggle up with me early in the morning on Saturdays,and sit right next to me when watching movies. I LOVE it that they STILL like to hold my hand...I LOVE it that they are proud of me at karate,even tho I'm not very good!! hahaha!!

I love that they like to walk on my back when it hurts....Yep thats like the best thing for my back ....I love to run my fingers through there curly curls when its grown out,so soft....God is amazing in his diverse creations!!

Im a hands on momma in a physical as you just read..I may not be Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart,I dont do alot of home economics well,but I am a mother who will stand up and strong for her boys. Im will always be there advocate,I will train them in the ways of the Lord best I can with Gods supernatural help and from those he allows in our lives.
Im the kind of mother who is probably more like a coach in her parenting than the traditional authoritarian,maybe because Im a single/widowed mom,and our dynamics are just...well....different.

I like who I am as a mother. I Like HOW GOD HAS WIRED ME as a mother....The more i relax in who God has created me to be and not fall into comparing myself with other moms the more I can enjoy mothering....Every mother has her own God given gifts that are perfect.

AWWWW,feels good to get this out in the open for some reason....There can be a lot of pressure to be a particular "model" of a mother....I try to be what God says, Proverbs 31,but I believe that looks different for all in Christ Jesus depending what we are called to do,how we are wired or bent etc.................

No comments:

Post a Comment