Sunday, May 8, 2011

When Gods Love leaves me speechless:Being Served *FBCI College Ministry

O.k. last Monday which was May 2nd I was served a sweet dinner by the First Baptist Church Irving College ministry fella's. Me and the boys and another lady who was widowed early in her life were there being served dinner in the Fireside room...

It was so sweet. I am not used to being served or allowing others to serve me. I realized since a couple of the guys have been hanging out with the boys and investing time with them that people are blessed when you allow them to serve you,especially when their hearts are pouring out to do so. This is not the first time I have been served as a widow and single mom,but it is like I finally realized in it's fullness that this is how God loves,and shows his love using His people.

I went to the dinner not sure what to expect,but was glad I didnt have to cook!! haha!!!We were served Olive Garden take out with Ice Cream Pie for desert (PERFECT) and then they all sat and ate after they served us. It was great fellowship. We were at the church earlier before dinner for Elijah's guitar lesson and so Elijah played his guitar and sang a few worship songs for us all,while Isaiah (my drummer boy) kept beat for him. It was such a sweet evening of fellowship.

I am grateful and amazed at the desire for serving others the FBCI college ministry lives out. Their serving me and the boys has been an example of what God says about caring for the widows and the fatherless. I want to have a servants heart the way they do and I hope my boys will grow into young men like those that have served us in this season of life from FBCI.
I LOVE it when God leaves me speechless............................Thank you Fella's if your reading this,thank you very very much.........Me and the boys will continue to pray Gods favor,blessing and protection over you.

 1 Timothy 4:12
 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment